Make your urban life a little greener with apartment gardening! Even for the smallest apartment, with a little creativity and craftsmanship, you can bring a bit of nature back into your abode. Whether through simple container gardening or by making a pallet garden, these ideas will make your place feel like a natural sanctuary. Who said you can’t have a garden in the city? Try these seven gardening ideas to make your apartment a lot cozier.
Creative Apartment Gardening Ideas
1. Coconut Planters
Channel your inner craftsman with this easy DIY project. It’s budget-friendly, customizable, and perfect for succulent lovers, too! Don’t you want to bring some aloha into your home?
- Budget-friendly and customizable
- Ideal for succulents
- Drill five holes into your coconut, one for drainage at the base, and two on each side and the top edge to hang your planter
2. Mason Jar Garden
This idea is pretty much straightforward. You can choose to plant flowers or herbs, depending on your preference. Wouldn’t it be lovely to have a mini garden for a centerpiece?
- Fill a couple of pint-sized mason jars halfway with soil, place the plants, then fill them up
- Choose your favorite flowers or herbs
3. Hanging Pots
While these hanging planters may not be as grand as the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, a hanging garden on your balcony is still a solid style statement!
- Choose pots that match your personal style to add personality to your home
4. Pallet Garden
If you enjoy occasional woodworking and love cooking, this gardening idea should spark your interest. Grow your herbs on a sturdy pallet made with your own hands!
- Collect your favorite herbs to grow on a sturdy pallet
- Easy accessibility for cooking
5. Herb Garden in Tea Tins
This is a clever way to repurpose empty tea tins!
- Place them by your windows or keep them on your kitchen counter
- Since they’re small, you can easily scatter these plants around the home
6. Shoe-rack Garden
Inadequate space shouldn’t stop you from practicing your inner green thumb.
- Transform an over-the-door hanging rack into a calm, ornamental garden
7. Stylish Vertical Plant Hanger
— diy.viralcreek (@vcreekdiy) July 14, 2017
Gardening meets interior design with this gorgeous vertical plant hanger. Best of all, displaying your favorite potted plants with this design won’t take up much of your space.
- Ideal if you have less space in your apartment
- Include all your favorite flowers and plants
Have you been wondering what organic vegetables can you grow at your home? Check out on this video:
Having plants in your apartment can reduce the stress brought by the hustle and bustle of the city. Additionally, plants have been proven to give a feeling of well-being and sharpen one’s focus. Regardless of the unusual set-up of apartment gardening, we urge you to have a plant or two at your place!
Which of these ideas is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below!