If you’ve ever had a yeast infection, you know the pain and discomfort all too well. Luckily, there natural remedies to heal a yeast infection.
Although, there is a range of over-the-counter yeast infection treatment available (and of course, you should always consult with your doctor first), there are also natural ways to alleviate symptoms. Natural remedies are less expensive and a healthier choice. If you are suffering from yeast infection, consider giving these 7 natural remedies a try.
Most Effective Natural Remedies For Yeast Infections
1. Coconut Oil
One of the many health benefits of coconut oil is its antifungal properties. It can get rid of the fungi, which causes the yeast infection.
- Use only pure organic coconut oil to treat a yeast infection. You may apply it directly to the affected area.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has unique components that can prevent a yeast infection, and kill the fungi responsible for it.
- A douching from apple cider vinegar can help relieve a yeast infection. Try using 3-5 tablespoons of raw organic apple cider vinegar combined with 2 quarts of water.
- Do an apple cider vinegar bath. Add 3/4 cup of apple cider vinegar into your lukewarm bathtub water, and soak for 30 minutes. Its acidic element will help diminish harmful microorganisms.
3. Organic Garlic
Garlic is known to contain natural anti-fungal, antibacterial, and antibiotic properties considered to be effective in relieving any yeast infection.
- Add a few fresh garlic cloves to your daily diet. Its efficacy in treating yeast infections is well worth the bad breath!
- Create a paste out of fresh garlic cloves. Then, apply it directly onto the affected skin area.
You might have heard of cranberries used to aid in bladder infections, but are you aware they are also good for relieving yeast infections?
- Drink organic unsweetened cranberry juice. It helps boost healthy pH balance and stop fungal overgrowth.
Yogurt is also generally known for restoring pH balance and flora. It can be applied topically to relieve a yeast infection.
- Apply 2-3 tablespoons to the affected area, then leave it for few hours; wash gently. Ensure the yogurt has no added fruits, sugar, or any other ingredients.
- Some also opt to soak a tampon in yogurt, then insert for 2 hours.
6. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has components that are helpful in getting rid of viruses, bacteria, and fungi. A study shows a vaginal suppository with tea tree oil may help prevent vaginal diseases.
- Tea tree oil is remarkably powerful. Use a carrier oil, like coconut oil, to weaken its potency. Only use it occasionally.
7. Wear Loose Clothing
Wearing loose clothing is probably the easiest natural remedy for yeast infections. It’s effective because yeast fungi live in warm and moist environments. Loose-fitting clothes keep oxygen moving, and halt the growth of fungus. Wearing organic cotton clothing is ideal.
Want to know what causes, symptoms, and more treatment of yeast infections? Check out this helpful video from Yeast Infection Channel:
The effectiveness of any natural remedies vary from person to person, the level of the infection, and the quality of the treatment used. Remember that any product, natural or otherwise, may cause irritation to sensitive skin. It’s best to do more research or consult with a professional before using any natural remedy. If you experience any discomfort or irritation using these remedies, stop immediately and consult your physician.
Do you have your natural remedies for yeast infection? Share it with us in the comments section below.