As the year coming to its end and a new year is about to begin, let us take advantage of this fresh opportunity and make better changes in our lives by having a more sustainable new year. And rather than taking the traditional route and setting the same old goals, why not create realistic resolutions that make more of an impact? Project Grace is all about resolutions which are easy to achieve and fun to share. This year, let’s all set out to live more sustainable lives.
How To Start A More Sustainable New Year?
1. Eat Healthy
- Cut down on sweets and unsaturated fats.
- Eat locally and more whole foods.
2. Grow Your Food
- Grow your own veggies, herbs, and fruits even if it’s just a few pots around the house.
- It will save money on groceries and improve your family’s health.
3. Plan Your Meals
- Plan your meals for the week and prepare home-cooked meals.
- Saves time and money while encouraging healthier choices.
4. Live Waste-Free
- Save your leftovers for a leftover-filled recipe.
- Make off-cuts of your fruits and veggies into a healthy juice.
- Spend more time outside.
- Walk your dog.
- Disconnecting will enhance your productivity and awareness.
6. Reuse And Recycle
- Invest in reusable products.
- Bring your own eco-friendly tote when shopping.
- Repurpose glass jars and food containers.
- Find an appropriate recycler for your batteries, cell phones, and electronics.
7. Live Efficiently
- LED or CFL lights last longer – use these instead.
- Use as much natural light as possible.
- Switch off lights that are not in use.
- Hang wet clothes to dry instead of using a powered dryer.
- Get energy-efficient appliances.
- Take public transport (or bike) to commute.
- Skip the elevator and use the stairs.
9. Ditch The Paper
- Send and receive digital letters, notices, and bills.
- Subscribe to digital magazines instead of print.
10. Choose Renewable Energy
- Use solar energy chargers for your devices.
- Use rechargeable batteries where possible.
11. Spend Wisely
THANKYOU ALL FOR COMING AND SUPPORTING US AT OUR UPLATE SALE LAST NIGHT. 🌟🌟 Seeing so many bright, excited faces last night gave our team so much joy! 💞💞 so many people wanting to lower their waste and get sustainable in their waredrobe, or just grab a bargain, was such an awesome thing to be part of!! We hope to see you all again, and your friends, at our next uplate event ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ #uplate #sale #opshopsale #thriftshopsale #thriftstoresale #designersale #secondhanddesigner #thrifteddesigner #secondhandsale #sustainable #ethical #sustainablewaredrobe #sustainableclothes #sustainableoutfit #sustainablelifestyle #ethicalfashion #reduce #reuse #recycle #repurpose #smile #smiley #instafam #thriftstorefinds #thrift #thrifted #thriftshop #brisbanethriftshop #opshop #brisbaneopshop
- Buy second hand where possible.
- Invest in better quality items that last longer.
- Give experiences instead of buying things as gifts.
Watch this video and learn more about having a more sustainable new year:
Following a more sustainable lifestyle doesn’t have to be a mundane task. In fact, a lot of people across the globe accomplish these things daily without any sweat. Start doing at least two or more of these helpful tips or find your own hacks to having a more sustainable new year. Remember, even the smallest choice you make has an impact on making the world a better place to live in.
Do you have your own way of having a more sustainable new year? We love to hear them! Share it with us in the comments section below.